Everyone of us would be aware of the game of chess, its rules , and would have played at least one game during their life.
A chessboard is made up of 64 squares, arranged in 8 rows (called ranks) and 8 columns (called files). The squares alternate between light and dark squares. Individual squares on a chessboard are identified through a coordinate system in which the rows (ranks) are numbered 1 thru 8, with the 1st rank on the bottom and the 8th rank at the top. Similarly, the columns (files) are lettered a thru h, with the left-most file being a and the right-most file being h. These coordinates are used in commentary and analysis of chess games using algebraic notation.
All of us know that the basic purpose of the game is to corner the King so that he cannot move to any of his designated squares in the chessboard, which we call “Checkmate“.
Our life can be compared to a game of chess. How we shape our attitudes and thoughts gets reflected during the times when we indulge in various actions and take various decisions leading to certain repercussions.
If we do not receive proper guidance,
if we fall into bad company,
if we fall into bad habits,
if we don’t have any mission or vision in our life,
and above all,
if we don’t have the urge to inquire as to who we are, why are we suffering the four miseries – birth, disease, old age and death, and what is the solution to this?,
We are going to squander away this precious human life endowed with higher level of consciousness for frivolous purposes.
Okay, let me explain this through a game of chess:
- The game has progressed to the above position. The position looks more or less the same, actually black has developed his pieces well and the white is a pawn down as well.
2. Black moves the pawn from c4 to c3 threatening the rook at f1 through the bishop at a6.
3. White is unruffled about this threat and moves the queen to h3, looking for an opportunity to finish the game by moving the queen to h7.
Black, overseeing the threat to his life!!! attempts to get a second queen by capturing the pawn at b2!!!
White finishes the game as per his plan!
- Having the wrong purpose and aim will only lead to disastrous results.
- Underestimating the opponent, being overconfident about oneself and going about one’s own plan without realising the consequences also leads to disastrous results.
- The greediness to gain more and more wealth without realising the value of existing assets also lead to disastrous results. Most people worry about the futile wealth gained during their lifetime using various means, even at the time of one’s death!
- If you want to gain “everything” in life, you will end up losing ‘everything’!!!
- Being steadfast in one’s purpose, facing setbacks boldly, confidently and face them head-on always leads to positive results.
List of related posts: