It is said that if a person makes a mistake the first time, the mistake needs to be contemplated by the perpetrator deeply because that gives an opportunity for him to learn from the mistake so that he does not do it again.
The other person to whom this foolishness is being shown will also tolerate, provided he is magnanimous. Otherwise, it is going to be a mental torture for the foolish person because he is already reaping the bad consequences due to his foolish action ☹
If the person repeats his foolishness again by his habits, providence or otherwise, he is to be considered the biggest fool who did not learn from the previous experience.
This could be due to his forgetfulness, words from a misinformed/misjudged/misaligned/malicious acquaintance, circumstances or vain trust on the other person due to the false hopes that he created, that lures the perpetrator to commit the mistake again.
Whatever be the reason, the person has to reap the consequences of the repeated foolishness and there is no excuse, whatsoever, for the repeat offender.
The second time, the consequences got to be more severe because the lessons has not been learnt from the first experience despite the discriminating intelligence provided by the nature to him.
As long as this foolish tendency of the person is being witnessed by the people around, this person is likely to be taken for a ride for his follies by “the predator” and he falls easy “prey” to the flowery words and false promises made by them to him to be lured into more foolishness ☹
Persons in these low-minded category, “the predators”, are considered “smart” by the people of today’s world since their display of false pride, false show of generosity and display of excessive material wealth attained by nefarious means are much appreciated, adored and looked upon as big achievements in life and also as status symbols in this mis-informed world.
The common people in this world aspire only for material comforts, not on the means to attain it but bothered only on the ultimate end result, the attainment of material comforts, instead of working towards the actual goal of life.
The media houses accept some money from these predators and portray these insignificant cheaters as great personalities, thereby putting more gullible people into the trap of these materialists by propagating false reputation.
Governments and Politicians also do the same thing by accepting gifts (I don’t want to use the word bribe, money etc because “gift” is the norm 😊 ) and give special protection and respect to these predators and that gives further authority and now without any checks these predators continue their nefarious activities on the gullible.
Genuine people who want to raise their voice on these practices of predators are easily put to the back seat and made to shut up or face serious threats and damages because of the money power and muscle power tactics adopted by these unscrupulous people by using their own influence as well as with support from the like-minded ones.
So, who is to be blamed for all these happenings? Is it “they”, “the predators”, or the “victims”, “the prey”?
I would strongly say that it is the “victims”, “the prey”, who are to be blamed and also chastised severely!!!
In any society, the law of nature acts accordingly, as per the survival of the fittest, dominance/subsistence of the strong over the weak, and the predator over the prey.
“The predator” in human forms of life always looks for the following characteristics of “the prey” and utilises these vulnerabilities to the maximum and exploit them to their fullest advantage:
- Lack of self-esteem
- Lack of self-confidence (or Self-doubt)
- Lack of self-pride
- Lack of resistance to temptations
- Lack of awareness of what is good and what is bad.
- Lack of awareness that what one consumes as food affects one’s thoughts, behaviours and actions.
- Lack of awareness on what is “food” and eating whatever one could lay their hands on, without knowing its attributes as to how it acts on one’s body, mind and intelligence and eating just to gratify the palate.
- Lack of awareness on the “time” aspect and its detrimental effect on one’s health, eating whatever, at whatever time whatsoever.
- Lack of awareness on the “respect” that is due to the food and the producers (farmer, nature, God) who are responsible for sustaining one’s own life.
- Lack of being aware of the consequences, attend “free lunch/parties” and consume the rampant serving of alcohol / meat / alcohol + meat and other obnoxious food stuffs without knowing the real reasons of the host behind hosting these extravagant generosities being shown and the degradation it causes in all aspects of one’s health and moral behaviour.
- Succumbing to freebies given in disguise of the original intent.
- Attitude to earn quick money without any sincere effort and taking undue advantage of the vulnerable and cause mental torture to them.
- Attitude developed through poor parentage, up-bringing and one’s own bad acquaintances.
- Indulgence in harmful and unproductive vices like smoking, drinking, gambling and wasteful expenditure in partying etc., very much being aware of the bad effects, having learnt through “modern education” that failed to bring about any impact on building one’s character and didn’t stop these vices.
- Poor spending habits, falling into debt trap and unable to get out of the vicious cycle, thereby getting into bondage with “the predator” and forcing oneself into permanent exploitation for life.
- Getting stuck in mundane work, not developing enough skill sets to get ready for an inevitable changeover for a better career/life.
- Building false hopes by getting stuck in the same place, while people around are quitting themselves for a better future or made to quit due to attitudes of the management. (this is also applicable in life situations where ones stick to bad acquaintances in lieu of genuine well-wishers).
- Inability to identify a genuine well-wisher with a back-stabber.
- Having false pride and doesn’t show enough respect and lend ears to even those who want to genuinely help.
- Wasting time in all sorts of entertainment and gossips that has zero value for personality and self-development.
For being virtuous, there is only one option, but to get into all sorts of trouble the options are infinite!
If the “victim” has a few or several of the above characteristics, where is the hope for the “victim” to advance in his life?
…and does this blame game on “the predator” going to lead “the prey” to any useful end?
So, let’s not talk about “the predator”. “The predator” is too insignificant and they are just not worth to be talked about because they are the perpetrators of all the vices as we already saw!
They are not to be imbibed by a sane person and they are for only those who are unable to get out due to their illusion and want to live in a phantasmagoria.
Laws of nature will definitely hold its sway for “the predator” at the appointed time.
In this world, everyone, including “the victim” only wants to the enhance the material condition of themselves by being opportunistic at every moment.
In that way, there is no factual difference between anyone in this present situation.
Therefore, the enemy to “the victim” is “The Victim” himself!
Everyone wants to lead a virtuous life with happiness, good health and free of misery.
But where are we all heading to? – Stress, Mental Illnesses, Lifestyle diseases, strained relationships for trivial reasons, dishonesty in everyday dealings, Overwork but extremely underpaid and hence pathetic job satisfaction, Lack of stability in job, zero work life balance, costly but worthless education system that doesn’t build character etc. – if the education system is good enough, we won’t see the existence of much of the above vices that are so prominently observed.
That’s why we are not actually fools of the second order but of the nth order because we come from a culture where these things never existed for so long, and now we, being lured by the greed of materialism imposed by the invaders and their alien culture, who just ruled for hardly 200+ years, we are unable to get out of this vicious trap.
The namesake freedom that we got in 1947 that divided the friendly communities that co-existed for generations and generations peacefully and those who fought for independence together got separated violently and the repercussions since then have not faded by even 1% where brothers and sisters otherwise view themselves under enmity! ☹
What we now have is the disguised permanent bondage and no real freedom, this roots of bondage has already planned and carefully planted deep into the soil by the colonialists/imperialists when they left, through their most pathetic form of materialism that have never been witnessed in history before, and is now flourishing like a huge banyan tree with unlimited roots and shoots branching out all over and the irreversible/permanent damage has already been done.
We have forgotten our origins, our own unbroken civilization since the beginning of time, and now we are in the most pathetic situation depending on the people who call themselves as civilised, and we having forgotten all the atrocities that has been committed during those period, still imbibe their system of education, read the manipulated history written by them tailormade to suit their vicious needs, adopted their form of government and constitution that is prone to corruption by 100% because of the attributes in this iron age of Kali. The irony is now we accept these things as civilised and when we face the consequences, we having been so brainwashed are actually living in illusion!
So, solving this malaise is never going to be a collective responsibility because of the differences that has been purposely created through the constitution and its governing laws during the time of granting independence, having inherited a completely alien form of government from the colonialists itself.
So, the probability of arriving at a unifying decision on improving the conditions of our existence here is a big ZERO.
Thus, It has to start from the individual – at the most micro-level possible to rediscover the roots, our glorious past, on how to learn to lead a disciplined life and in trying to understand as to what is self, what is the force that drives our very existence, what is self-control, the inherent dangers in indulgence of various habits, what are the factors that drives our thoughts, how to control our emotions in adverse circumstances and overall how not to get entangled in the 20++ vices mentioned above so far.
The answer to all questions is there in Shrimad Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatham.
They are not to be considered as sectarian literatures that is tied to a particular faith or a cult of people.
These transcendental literatures are applicable to all living beings in this universe as a whole, since they were in existence very much before the appearance of any of the modern religions, or modern civilization as the alien historians call it.
There was only one universal faith and every living being were followers of that faith during those times.
Related Posts: Almost every post in this blog.