Some definitions first:
- a life that is so full of suffering that it would be better to be dead:
- Those living with depression are The Living Dead.
- people who are very dull and boring
- a dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force
- reanimated corpses that have been turned into creatures capable of movement but not of rational thought; zombies.
- நடைபிணமாக – Tamil – (Walking corpse)
Living dead are those who are out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Living dead are those who are between the devil and the deep blue sea!
Living dead are those like ants in the middle of a fire blazing on both ends of a log!
Living dead are those who have lost their job in their middle age and nothing looks prospective!
Living dead are those who do not have anything to continue their livelihood on their own nor have other’s confidence to help them!
Living dead are those who once upon a time were respected by everyone around because they have been remunerated handsomely but have now lost respect from the same persons because of their unaffordability now!
Living dead are those who have now become boring because people no longer feel the need to listen to them!
Living dead are those who now have lost all rational thoughts according to others since they now no longer have any intrinsic values because they have lost their buying powers!
Living dead are those living in conditions of perpetual depression but people around do not have the eyes or ears for it!
Living dead are those walking corpses because it hardly matters to others or to themselves as to whether they exist or not!
Living dead are those who never wishes to be brought back to life by any supernatural force because they are already living in hell everyday!
Living dead are those mad men who are realized but cannot make anyone around understand that!
Living dead are those who are actually not in illusion but the people around them think so: It is they who actually run around all the time like birds gathering for food and do not go beyond the first level of awareness of the soul (Annamaya Kosha)!
The real “Living Dead” in the true sense of the word are those:
Living dead are those who are actually in the mode of ignorance but presume they are happy, dominating and enjoying life!
Living dead are those who see people around them suffering but do not have the inclination to help them even a bit!
Living dead are those who give respect to those who do not deserve any respect but give undue respect to those who do not even deserve it a bit!
Living dead are those who go after pseudo swamis and self-made godman only to get cheated by them because they themselves do not know the real goal of life!
Living dead are those having born as a human being still do not attempt to know the purpose of their existence till the last day of their lives only to fall into this desperate material pool of existence perpetually without knowing the consequences of this repeated birth death old age and disease!
- Title inspired by: Meat Loaf – Out of the frying pan and into the fire. – Video – ” And all around the city You see the walking wounded and the living dead “
- Theme inspired by Avvaiyaar – ஒளவையார் தனிப் பாடல் : 54:
கொடியது கேட்கின் நெடியவெல் வேலோய்!
கொடிது கொடிது வறுமை கொடிது
அதனினும் கொடிது இளமையில் வறுமை
அதனினும் கொடிது ஆற்றொணாத் தொழுநோய்
அதனினும் கொடிது அன்பிலாப் பெண்டிர்
இன்புற அவர்கையில் உண்பது தானே
Meaning: இந்த உலகில் மிகவும் கொடுமையானது எது என்றால் வறுமைதான். அந்த வறுமையும் இளமைப் பருவத்தில் வந்தால் மிக மிகக் கொடுமையானது. அத்தகைய வறுமையை விடக் கொடுமையானது தீராத கொடிய நோய் ஆகும். தீராத கொடிய நோயைவிடக் கொடுமையானது அன்பே இல்லாத பெண்ணுடன் வாழ்வது. அதைவிடக் கொடுமையானது அந்தப் பெண்ணிடம் உணவைப் பெற்று உண்பது ஆகும் என்று கொடுமையானவற்றுள் எல்லாம் மிகவும் கொடுமையானது அன்பு இல்லாத பெண் இடும் உணவை உண்பதுதான் என ஒளவையார் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளார்.
Translation: People in the following conditions are considered as “Living Dead” because of their terrible sufferings.
The severity increases in the ascending order as mentioned below:
Living dead are those suffering in poverty. More than this are those who are poverty-stricken in their youth. More than this are those who suffer from a terrible disease. More than this are those who live with a woman who have no love for him. The most terrible thing possible for a living dead is to eat the food given by that woman!
- Concept inspired by Srimad Bhagavatham: “Due to his pious activities in previous lives, the conditioned soul attains material facilities in this life, but when they are finished, he takes shelter of wealth and riches, which cannot help him in this life or the next. Because of this, he approaches the living dead who possess these things. Such people are compared to impure trees, creepers and poisonous wells.” – Srimad Bhagavatham 5.14.12 – The material world as the great forest of enjoyment.